UniverseMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application Example

+2
Max
Tetris
6 posters

Go down

Application Example Empty Application Example

Post  Tetris Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Are you having a "writer's block"? Feel free to read this, but do not copy this word for word. This is just for you to get some ideas for your application. This was written by me in a different server, and if you can recognize it, you earn an internetz! Note: I didn't use the format for a purpose and edited a few things here and there.

Name: Allen Kim.

IGN: Tetris

Past Experience:

I have played MapleGlobal for five years, started before their 1st anniversary. I also played some KMS when I was still at Korea. Then I moved on to private servers about more than a year ago. I was an admin, GM and SGM on many servers. Some are HellyMS, PlaygroundMS, InspiredMS, HeavenStory and of course, my favorite, UniverseMS.

Would you abuse the power of being a GM?:

No. I would NOT abuse my power as a GM, I will carry out punishments and bans JUSTLY. I will refrain from letting my personal feelings intervene with what would benefit the server.

How often are you on UniverseMS?:

Weekdays: 2-5 hours.
Saturday: Almost all day if I'm not busy, I have a social life too, so I may not be online all day.
Sunday: About 4-8 hours a day. I have church, yeah..

What if we caught you red-handed giving out of items for no justified reason(s):

Just ban me right then and there. However I wouldn't give out items, I feel that each item should be earned, especially running as a private server, it's not as hard as something to achieve in GMS, in most cases. In highly unlikely situations, where I accidentically drop items, I will sincerely apologize. If I did it on purpose, I will not lie about my actions, and banning is the only conclusion that awaits me.

What views do you have towards the job of GM:

I would define GM, the abbreviation for Game Master/Moderator, as a respectful individual who has gained the trust of the administration and received the privilege of managing issues within the server based on their judgment. I believe a GM is a vital role in the upkeep of the server. He/She holds the ability to manipulating the players' thoughts of the server, and if an inadequate GM is chosen, the server will quickly fall apart. The position of GM might be desired by all because of the benefits it provides, but when the GM's true jobs become apparent, most incompetent GMs would simply ignore the matter and continue to please themselves without the consideration of players in need. As I like to say, rights come with responsibilities. By obtaining this right, one has also obtained the responsibilities that come with it, and if one neglects these responsibilities he causes harm not only for the server, but indirectly for themselves as well. As a server crumbles, the position of GM in that server becomes less meaningful. Sadly, due to the immense amount of power given with this job, many applicants have utilized corrupt methods to gain this position. Since there is no absolute way to test one's personality and capability, the admissions team have solely relied on the application as their decision-making factor and hopefully learn more about the applicant shown through his words. Because most of the time, the admissions committee consists of a group of amateurs, they inherently overlook the hidden meanings that describes the applicant's true self within an application and accept anyone who satisfies their required standards. This inevitably leads to the downfall of the server. Because the applicant never intended to keep those promises he made, and only wrote them to impress the committee, he fails to abide by his so-called morals and does as he pleases, without considering the drastic effects it could cause. This is why choosing the right person for GM can have a greater aftermath on the server than most would think.

Why do you want to be a GM in our server:

Well, first of all, I would like to start out saying that I am unlike most players in that I would NOT take the GM spot for power,fame,attention etc. I want to be GM for these reasons: I would like to help expand the community via voting and introducing it to many of my friends who play MS. I would like to provide assistance to new players without making it unfair. And, finally, I would like to say I strongly advocate fairness and equality. My first reason is pretty straightforward. For my second reason, I have numerous ways of helping players. As you have said, you are adding custom things to the server, and when a new player joins, they will undoubtedly be confused like I was. I would help those who have questions in which others have no patience to answer. The third reason is my main reason. As a common player in many of my previous servers, I have observed detestable behavior from the GMs. They make it unbelievably unfair by giving advantages to their friends. As a GM, I would never commit such acts, and would like to forbid these incidents from occurring. Also, while helping players, I will make sure they all get the same amount of attention from me and get help as soon as possible, although some might have to wait if many are asking for help.

How would handle bans/punishments to rulebreakers(hackers)?

I would ban people who promote other servers, we don't need people disrupting the community, I will also ban people who intentionally lag the server, or pose themselves as a GM of the server. Hunting down hackers is something I have always seemed to enjoy, I will do whatever I can to keep this server free from these types of gamers. I will make sure my bans are 100% legit and have proof to backup each and every one.

I would give punishments to any players who use excessive foul language and harassment, the extremity of it will account for the punishment, if a player goes up to somebody and asks for money or items once, that's fine. If they go around the server spamming for items/money constantly I will take action. I have experienced a problem with a fellow gamer that abused glitches, I myself admit taking part in the glitch, I was later punished and because of my previous credibility earned, I was let off with a full item wipe and my lesson was thoroughly learned, I realized how abusing the server actually made the economy suffer making it harder for other players, something I dearly regret.

Why do you think we should choose you as GM?:

I think I would make a suitable addition to the GM team on this server because I have a serene and collected attitude, I will not have outbursts and smite anybody that comes in my sight, I will treat all problem justly with no biased opinions I have been part of quite a few private servers, and I have noticed a common problem of an unstable economy, I will do the best I possibly could to make sure all players understand and abide by the ToS. Hackers are a group that I shall hunt down and keep out of this server with the every bit of my soul. I have always enjoyed playing Maple Story and I would like for anybody that comes into HellyMS to have the best experience possible. Additionally, as stated previously, I believe foul language is one of THE most disappointing things human kind has created. It clearly reflects the evil nature of man. Swear words are not necessary. They are words that are used to replace better words to express one's feelings, and by using them, one has not only shamed oneself, but lost the respect of others as well. I will take immediate action to warn players that fulfill this despicable act and you can be sure that I won't be saying any of it. As for racial discrimination, I am strongly against it. I could go into all sorts of things talking about how all men are equal and pull up different sources to support my claims, but I'm sure it would bore you. I once encountered a player on another server who picked on a friend of mine just because he chose to be a black-skinned player, and if players harass others just for the sake of racial differences, there will definitely be consequences involved.

What more are you going to do to help the server?:

I would also LOVE to host events for the server, I've previously hosted Hide n' Seek events, Monster Spawns, JQ's and some random trivia events, I hope to host as many events as possible to bring all the players closer with one another and keep the good times rolling. I understand doing monster spawn events in places like FM causes catastrophic amounts of lag, so I would prevent this by hosting in a separate map, or maybe doing it in a competition party style. I will give out prizes fairly, I would not give out max stat items or ridiculously scrolled items for a trivia event prize, I admit I have yet to fully comprehend the server items and such as new items and features are being installed as we speak, but in a few days after the server re-opens I think I would know what prizes are best suited for the events.

I hope this wasn't too much of a wall of text. I enjoy writing, haha. I think you should have at least 10 good posts, at least played a week, can be friendly and helpful but at the same time, can be serious.
Tetris
Tetris
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Application Example Empty RE: Application Example

Post  Max Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Great application example man, but this is not our application format and we cant change our format anymore because many people applied with it already.

To others:
Please dont use this format.
You can maybe get ideas from it.

Cheers, Max

Max
Admin
Admin

https://universems.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down

Application Example Empty Re: Application Example

Post  Tetris Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:53 pm

Just in case people don't rip this off by copying and pasting. :)
Tetris
Tetris
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  iDavid Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:19 pm

ok you have written a lot of text in your life haven't you o-o

iDavid
Mapler

Back to top Go down

Post  Tetris Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Honestly took about 30 minutes, I believe,
Tetris
Tetris
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  iDavid Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:08 pm

could you go see my application its not as long as yours lol but its a beginning

iDavid
Mapler

Back to top Go down

Post  LazyBoy Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Mine is good but you cant say that someone is good GM because of an App i can do an app like Supremeux but why? he just writted many text i can do it but that's not gonna be true. so just think a little bit. Some people are shy and dont want get more information just ask them in game or private char whatever i think there is some people that there app are like ''WTF?'' but they are good people and they could really had leadership or what ever and please dont choose someone only because of his years old.

Thank you ~ Leo

LazyBoy
Mesos pl0x
Mesos pl0x

Back to top Go down

Post  Tetris Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:17 pm

An application doesn't have to be long to be good, like you said; It simply just looks good to many other peoples' point of view. But some applications are still good overall even if they are short, like Echo's application, for example. :)
Tetris
Tetris
GameMaster
GameMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Aura Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Tetris wrote:An application doesn't have to be long to be good, like you said; It simply just looks good to many other peoples' point of view. But some applications are still good overall even if they are short, like Echo's application, for example. :)
Some people simply know the right words to use to get their point across quicker. I think this is a very good guideline for private server applicants. Elsewhere, employers are not interested in reading walls of text.

LazyBoy wrote:Mine is good but you cant say that someone is good GM because of an App i can do an app like Supremeux but why? he just writted many text i can do it but that's not gonna be true. so just think a little bit. Some people are shy and dont want get more information just ask them in game or private char whatever i think there is some people that there app are like ''WTF?'' but they are good people and they could really had leadership or what ever and please dont choose someone only because of his years old.

Thank you ~ Leo
Not necessarily; just because someone writes a wall of text does not signify that there is no truth in it. As long as the application is informative and demonstrates a high level of maturity then I believe the applicant should be considered. And younger players tend to be denied because of the belief that they are irresponsible and would only cause more problems.
Aura
Aura
Mapler

Back to top Go down

Post  TheUniverse Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:57 am

Good application, will be under pending mode.

TheUniverse
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down