Server's status.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Server's status.

Post  Nectarine on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:20 am

Regarding the server's status,

We have recently received a DMCA letter.(Digital Millennium Copyright Act).
We are doing the best we can to hopefully get the server up by tomorrow.
Donations will be really helpful.
avatar
Nectarine
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-03-10
Location : In your pants.

View user profile http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  komozu on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:12 am

your not even a mod or an admin with 2 posts should we belive you? i think not
avatar
komozu
Mesos pl0x
Mesos pl0x

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Vael1337 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:18 am

komozu wrote:your not even a mod or an admin with 2 posts should we belive you? i think not

gogo komozu.
He's Banana.
avatar
Vael1337
Mapler

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-03-08
Age : 24
Location : Hollandia~!

View user profile http://this.isawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  TheUniverse on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:33 am

what he said is right, we doing our best to open it back tommorow and we will need ur help guys with donations. If interested please pm me.

TheUniverse
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22
Join date : 2011-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Dasia on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 am

Is it bad that the only reason I know they're a mod is because they banned us?
Also sorry I can't help with donations-- I'm poor.

Dasia
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  komozu on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:59 am

TheUniverse wrote:what he said is right, we doing our best to open it back tommorow and we will need ur help guys with donations. If interested please pm me.

oh well then o-o sorry for that >.< and good thing i donated :)
avatar
komozu
Mesos pl0x
Mesos pl0x

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Aura on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 pm

I figured something was up, considering our owner no longer appears as a staff member on the server and some of the top servers are offline. I hope you guys figure stuff out; in the meantime I'll try and find an alternative method of donating.
avatar
Aura
Mapler

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Vael1337 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Aura wrote:I figured something was up, considering our owner no longer appears as a staff member on the server and some of the top servers are offline. I hope you guys figure stuff out; in the meantime I'll try and find an alternative method of donating.

It's a revolution.
There's more servers offline?
avatar
Vael1337
Mapler

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-03-08
Age : 24
Location : Hollandia~!

View user profile http://this.isawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Echooo on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Your VPS expired?

Echooo
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  LazyBoy on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 pm

So guys the website and the server is like crashed ? ok so good luck to get it back i cant donate right now but like in 2 months i can sorry =/

LazyBoy
Mesos pl0x
Mesos pl0x

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Vael1337 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:06 pm

LazyBoy wrote:So guys the website and the server is like crashed ? ok so good luck to get it back i cant donate right now but like in 2 months i can sorry =/

It's not crashed, Universe's recieved a mail from Nexon about us defiling their copyright. ( I think. )
avatar
Vael1337
Mapler

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-03-08
Age : 24
Location : Hollandia~!

View user profile http://this.isawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  komozu on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Vael1337 wrote:
LazyBoy wrote:So guys the website and the server is like crashed ? ok so good luck to get it back i cant donate right now but like in 2 months i can sorry =/

It's not crashed, Universe's recieved a mail from Nexon about us defiling their copyright. ( I think. )

nexons just jealous that were so awesome F2
avatar
komozu
Mesos pl0x
Mesos pl0x

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Warrior on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:13 pm

komozu wrote:
Vael1337 wrote:
LazyBoy wrote:So guys the website and the server is like crashed ? ok so good luck to get it back i cant donate right now but like in 2 months i can sorry =/

It's not crashed, Universe's recieved a mail from Nexon about us defiling their copyright. ( I think. )

nexons just jealous that were so awesome F2

Yeah F2
But in the MapleStory EU I buy 300K NX every week... but I love this server. Glitter
avatar
Warrior
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  ThreeStorms on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Vael1337 wrote:
LazyBoy wrote:So guys the website and the server is like crashed ? ok so good luck to get it back i cant donate right now but like in 2 months i can sorry =/

It's not crashed, Universe's recieved a mail from Nexon about us defiling their copyright. ( I think. )

Half of this source is custom. Not all of it is. If they make this 100% custom nexon can drag chris to court if they want and they cant do shit

ThreeStorms
Mesos pl0x
Mesos pl0x

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 24
Location : The internet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Vael1337 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:26 pm

ThreeStorms wrote:
Vael1337 wrote:
LazyBoy wrote:So guys the website and the server is like crashed ? ok so good luck to get it back i cant donate right now but like in 2 months i can sorry =/

It's not crashed, Universe's recieved a mail from Nexon about us defiling their copyright. ( I think. )

Half of this source is custom. Not all of it is. If they make this 100% custom nexon can drag chris to court if they want and they cant do shit

Thanks for the clarification... So uh, What're they doing now? Discussing with nexon or going stealth?
avatar
Vael1337
Mapler

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-03-08
Age : 24
Location : Hollandia~!

View user profile http://this.isawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  xDustin on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:51 pm

can this shut UniverseMS down? D: F6

xDustin
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Vael1337 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:21 pm

xDustin wrote:can this shut UniverseMS down? D: F6

I think we survived something like this before.
avatar
Vael1337
Mapler

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-03-08
Age : 24
Location : Hollandia~!

View user profile http://this.isawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  ThreeStorms on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Vael1337 wrote:
ThreeStorms wrote:
Vael1337 wrote:
LazyBoy wrote:So guys the website and the server is like crashed ? ok so good luck to get it back i cant donate right now but like in 2 months i can sorry =/

It's not crashed, Universe's recieved a mail from Nexon about us defiling their copyright. ( I think. )

Half of this source is custom. Not all of it is. If they make this 100% custom nexon can drag chris to court if they want and they cant do shit

Thanks for the clarification... So uh, What're they doing now? Discussing with nexon or going stealth?
They make it custom, nexon cant do a damn thing.

ThreeStorms
Mesos pl0x
Mesos pl0x

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 24
Location : The internet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Echooo on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:39 pm

If chris and nexon go to court,Nexon will immeaditly be backfired and sued due to false report.
Like everyone said the server is custom.

Echooo
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-03-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Vael1337 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Echooo wrote:If chris and nexon go to court,Nexon will immeaditly be backfired and sued due to false report.
Like everyone said the server is custom.

If that's so easy why can't we get our donations from them by provoking them?

P.S; I hate the coconut head.
<<<<<<<<
avatar
Vael1337
Mapler

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-03-08
Age : 24
Location : Hollandia~!

View user profile http://this.isawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Cuddle on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Universe is not going anywhere <3;/
avatar
Cuddle
Mesos pl0x
Mesos pl0x

Posts : 11
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 23
Location : On UniverseMS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Vael1337 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Cuddle wrote:Universe is not going anywhere <3;/

That's the spirit. Why can't you guys be like that? xD
avatar
Vael1337
Mapler

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-03-08
Age : 24
Location : Hollandia~!

View user profile http://this.isawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Aura on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:08 pm


my two cents...

Sorry to ruin all the hope and spirit but Nexon employs full-time attorneys to represent them in court. Now I don't know if anyone in this community has any experience as a lawyer but it's not quite as easy as saying that the server is custom. It was built upon copyrighted images & code. You would have to get a team of coders and designers and start the server from scratch, because last time I checked, it still says Copyright © 2003 Wizet on the bottom of the world selection screen.
Nexon America is situated in California where EULA's can override U.S. Federal Copyright laws. You know that thing you accept when you join GMS, the contract-esque wall of text you must accept before you can start? Yeah, that's the EULA and it is still stuffed in the Wizet file we are playing on. They will win because it says in this EULA that you cannot infringe it by creating a private server.

Nexon America Inc. v. Sithu Hein et al
This case, filed on December 16th 2010, is an example of where you will end up if you disregard the notice sent by them.


Last edited by Aura on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Aura
Mapler

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Vael1337 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Aura wrote:
my two cents...

Sorry to ruin all the hope and spirit but Nexon employs full-time attorneys to represent them in court. Now I don't know if anyone in this community has any experience as a lawyer but it's not quite as easy as saying that the server is custom. It was built upon copyrighted images & code. You would have to get a team of coders and designers and start the server from scratch, because last time I checked, it still says Copyright © 2003 Wizet on the bottom of the world selection screen.

This is awful news.. But thanks for telling us..

.. Although, what did that first line mean?
avatar
Vael1337
Mapler

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-03-08
Age : 24
Location : Hollandia~!

View user profile http://this.isawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Aura on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Vael1337 wrote:
This is awful news.. But thanks for telling us..

.. Although, what did that first line mean?
What first line do you mean?
avatar
Aura
Mapler

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Server's status.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum